feh is an X11 image viewer aimed mostly at console users. Unlike most other viewers, it does not have a fancy GUI, but simply displays images. It is controlled via commandline arguments and configurable key/mouse actions.
- Decrease loading time for RAW images by utilizing dcraw to display the embedded JPEG preview (patch by @ulteq)
--magick-timeoutis now deprecated and will be removed in a future release
- Fix unintened aliasing in rotated images whose rotation is not a multiple of 90 degrees (patch by @ulteq)
- New option:
--on-last-slide=hold|quit|resume. hold will cause feh to stop advancing beyond the last slide (patch by @ulteq), quit replaces
--cycle-once(which is now deprecated), and resume is the default (continue at the first image)
- Various operation modes:
- Slideshow: Show all files in or below a directory, change slides with your keyboard or automatically after a delay
- Thumbnail: List files as clickable thumbnails
- List: ls-like output with image dimensions etc.
- Multiwindow: Open all images at once
- optional HTTP/FTP support via libcurl
- Can be used as wallpapersetter, supports rxvt transparency
- Filelist support
- Lots of configurable keyboard shortcuts. Well usable without mouse
- Custom actions (shell commands), e.g. for sorting images
Building from source
You can easily compile feh from source, e.g. to try out the latest changes in the git repository. All you need is GNU make, a C compiler (gcc/clang) and some libraries.
Example for Debian:
First, install the dependencies:
apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev libx11-dev libxt-dev libimlib2-dev
Then, either get the latest tarball:
tar -xjf feh-2.28.tar.bz2
or check out the git version:
git clone git://git.finalrewind.org/feh || git clone git://github.com/derf/feh.git
Now, compile and install feh:
sudo make install
Please report bugs, feature requests or any other source code related stuff on the GitHub issue tracker. You can also poke derf0 on #feh (irc.oftc.net) or send a mail to derf+feh at finalrewind dot org, though GitHub issues are preferred.