feh is a light-weight, configurable and versatile image viewer. It is aimed at command line users, but can also be started from graphical file managers. Apart from viewing images, it can compile text and thumbnail listings, show (un)loadable files, set X11 backgrounds, and more.
feh is licensed under a variant of the MIT license.
- Fix crash in right-click / menu rendering code on some distributions (patch by Ametov Imil)
- Various operation modes:
- Slideshow: Show all files in or below a directory, change slides with your keyboard or automatically after a delay
- Thumbnail: List files as clickable thumbnails
- List: ls-like output with image dimensions etc.
- Multiwindow: Open all images at once
- optional HTTP/FTP support via libcurl
- Can be used as wallpaper setter; supports rxvt transparency
- Filelist support
- Lots of configurable keyboard shortcuts; well usable without a mouse
- Custom actions (shell commands), e.g. for sorting images
See the feh manual for details.
Download and Installation
If you want or need to compile your own feh build from source, you can downolad the latest release here: feh v3.10.2 (signature). The development version is available as a Git repository at one of the following mirrors: finalrewind · Chaosdorf · GitHub.
In both cases, the README gives a list of dependencies, configuration options, and build and installation instructions.
Please report bugs, feature requests or any other source code related stuff on the GitHub issue tracker. You can also send a mail to derf+feh at finalrewind dot org, though GitHub issues are preferred.